Design Month Graz 2024 invites design studios, creative minds and innovative companies together with cooperation partners from science and research to submit their ideas, approaches, utopias and models in order to present visionary solutions as part of a large exhibition.
The question is “WHAT NOW!?” – what to do?
What is needed now? Our world is in upheaval. Crises and uncertainties dominate. The time for lip service is over. The what and how of previous answers are not enough. We need a different what, a new how. We need new and different answers – solutions, visions and methods that offer a way out. One thing is clear: Not one discipline alone will “save the world”. It needs the creative power of many – it needs idea generators and implementers in many areas. We want to give them a platform in Design Month Graz 2024.
POTENTIAL KILLS DYSTOPIA
What potential can we counter dystopias with? How can we use our potential for a good future? Solutions are needed in different areas: Mobility, food, energy, industry, work, robotics and artificial intelligence, housing & architecture or circular economy & resources, etc. We are looking for answers and scenarios to questions such as:
- Mobility – to own or to use? Which mobility solutions will really move us forward?
- Lab-grown meat & co – how can scientific successes reach our bellies?
- Waste as a raw material, repairing instead of producing – how do we establish a circular economy?
- Industry & automation – how can industry (industrial production) return to cities?
- Modular, sustainable, flexible building and living: What kind of architecture and urban design do people need?
- How can we use AI as an opportunity instead of demonizing it?
- And much more…
A team of curators will select the projects that will be prepared and presented as part of the central exhibition of Design Month Graz.
Designmonat Graz 2024 will take place on the site of the former Hornig Grounds in Waagner-Biro-Straße. You can contact Thomas Perz at email@example.com or +43 676 586 8022 for appointments to visit the site.